See what your gift provides to programs funded by the United Way of Greater Williamsburg!
$1 per week ($52 a year)
• $1 per week provides a stalking documentation kit for a domestic or sexual abuse victim.
• $1 per week provides one week of staple food replacement for a family of four displaced from their home.
$2 per week ($104 a year)
• $2 per week provides program materials to teach youth and adults about “Youth Protection” and child abuse.
• $2 per week provides the resources to permit three students to register for the GED test.
• $2 per week provides emergency lifeline service for one patient.
$3 per week ($156 a year)
• $3 per week provides a low income working mother of two with emergency childcare for approximately two weeks.
• $3 per week provides transportation for a group of 20 self-advocates involved in a community service project.
• $3 per week provides transitional housing for a homeless family that has nowhere else to go for one week.
$4 per week ($208 a year)
• $4 per week provides 4 nights of emergency shelter for a mother and child to keep them out of an abusive home.
• $4 per week provides training for 10 providers in infant/child CPR.
$5 per week ($260 a year)
• $5 per week pays for 4 youth to participate in Scouting.
$6 per week ($312 a year)
• $6 per week provides a specialized chair for a child with a physical disability so she/he can sit with stability, be fed, and be able to be upright to play and to learn.
$7 per week ($364 a year)
• $7 per week pays for 52 home- delivered meals.
• $7 per week provides 5 weeks of support group counseling for a sexual assault victim.
$8 week ($416 a year)
• $8 per week provides new software to increase English speaking and comprehension skills for community residents.
• $8 per week covers the expense of performing all necessary background checks for adult mentors.
$9 per week ($468 a year)
• $9 per week pays for plumbing repairs for a low income homeowner.
• $9 per week provides 3 months of foster care to a family waiting for an adoption to be approved.
$10 per week ($520 a year)
• $10 per week provides stalking documentation kits for 10 domestic or sexual abuse victims.
• $10 per week pays for one girl to spend a week at day camp with transportation included.
• $10 per week provides developmentally and culturally appropriate toys and books in learning centers for 70 children.
$20 per week ($1,040 a year)
• $20 per week provides one full year of positive role modeling and opportunities for building leadership for a troop of 10 girls “at risk”.
• $20 per week replaces an entire roof.
• $20 per week purchases an AED (automated external defibrillator) trainer for classes.