Walmart is the perfect place for opportunities and benefits. Walmart has a record of offering healthcare facilities and benefits to their employees. This industry is one of the best retail industries and feels proud of their quality plans that they provide to their associates. They believe that an employee should have stability in the areas like maternity and parental leave, retirement planning, paid leave, and health care, to put the best in his work.
Walmart Health Care and Insurance Facility:
- Domestic Partner Coverage is available.
- They provide medical plans starting at $26/pay period along with vision as well as dental plans.
- Their Centers Of Excellence Program provides other medical facilities like surgeries of hip and knee replacement, heart and spine processes, tissue as well as organ transplants, colorectal, breast, and lung cancers without any cost.
- Employees of WalmartOne can also avail of the benefit of having confidential counseling as well as health services without investing a single penny.
- Some additional facilities that they offer include critical illness insurance, dismemberment insurance, accidental death insurance, business travel accident insurance, company-paid life insurance, and short as well as long-term disability insurance.
Walmart Maternal and Parental Leave Facility:
Walmart understands how important a family is to everyone. They offer their full-time employees who are working there for more than a year with maternity, adoption, and parental benefits.
How It Generally Works?
- Maternity- This benefit provides the birth moms up to 10 weeks of paid leave. The moms will get a 100% payment depending on their average weekly salary. Even the moms can opt for the parental benefit to get another 6 weeks of paid leave.
- Parental- This parental benefit offers the employees with 6 weeks of paid leave who have become a parent through foster-care placement or birth or adoption. An employee can get this benefit in all states that include California, Oregon, and so on.
- Adoption- This benefit pays $5,000 to the employees in order to overcome the expenses in adopting a new one for their families. Walmart offers its employees $10,000 annually (maximum) and $20,000 (maximum) for the lifetime.
Walmart Retirement Benefits:
- Employees can give their 401 (K) starting from the first day of joining the company. After completing 1 year of employment, Walmart offers up to 6% match.
- Employees of Walmart can engage themselves in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan with a company match.
- Even their associate discount card provides a 10% discount on the vegetables, fruits, and merchandise if purchased from Walmart stores.
- Their Associate Discount Center offers discounts on cell phone services, travel, entertainment, and many other services as well as goods that are unavailable in the Walmart Stores.
To sum it, this is all about the benefits that your family members can get. Walmart believes in building a better life for its employees and their families. This company always helps their associates personally as well as professionally. So, always feel proud to be a Walmart employee.